- April 2017 – Present: Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, Utah State University Uintah Basin Campus, Vernal, UT
- April 2017 – May 2018: Editor-in-Chief, Journal on Empowering Teaching Excellence
- Aug 2011 – April 2017: Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, Utah State University Uintah Basin Campus, Vernal, UT
- Member, Flipped Learning Community Network (July 2015 – present)
- American Chemical Society member (February 2008 – present)
- 2021 USU Uintah Basin Outstanding Faculty Researcher of the Year Award
- 2021 Eldon J. Gardner College of Science Teacher of the Year Award 
- 2019 USU Uintah Basin Outstanding Teacher of the Year Award
- 2015 USU Uintah Basin Outstanding Faculty Member of the Year Award
- 2013 USU Undergraduate Research Mentor of the year
- 2009-2010 BYU Research Presentation Award | 2008-2009 Telford and Frank Woolley Memorial Research Award
- 2008-2009 Charles E. and Margaret P. Maw Fellowship | 2008-2009 BYU Research Presentation Award | 2008 American Chemical Society Spring Research Conference Top Presenter Award
 See https://www.usu.edu/science/awards/awards-faculty.
I have a ton of peer-reviewed publications as well, which people can see by going to https://chem.usu.edu/faculty_staff/faculty/mike_christiansen, scrolling down, and clicking the drop-down menus beneath the "publications" tab.